The American Red Cross Oregon Mountain River Chapter is part of a nationwide network of nearly 600 chapters and blood collection sites across the nation. With almost 200 local volunteers and a team of devoted staff, the Oregon Mountain River Chapter provides relief to victims of single family and community emergencies; national and international disasters; and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Oregon Mountain River Chapter serves the residents of Deschutes, Grant, Jefferson, Crook, Wheeler and Harney Counties and The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
- …all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
- …our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
- …everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
- …all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
- …in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Compassion: We are dedicated to improving the lives of those we serve and to treating each with care and respect.
Collaboration: We work together as One Red Cross family, in partnership with other organizations, and always embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
Creativity: We seek new ideas, are open to change and always look for better ways to serve those in need.
Credibility: We act with integrity, are transparent guardians of the public trust and honor our promises.
Commitment: We hold ourselves accountable for defining and meeting clear objectives, delivering on our mission and carefully stewarding our donor funds.